Somehow a year has flown by and my little baby is ONE. A few weeks ago, we celebrated with the most adorable Boho-style, vintage Winnie the Pooh birthday party.
I’ve known the theme for Winnie’s party since the she was born. When you name your kid Winnie, it’s pretty much feels like a requirement to have a Pooh-themed first birthday.
But I didn’t want it to be over-the-top Pooh; I wanted it to be some classic Winnie the Pooh with lots of vintage crochet lace, red balloons, and Boho forest vibes. Basically my vision was a dreamy Hundred Acre Wood.
The decorations ended up being just as I imagined – simple and pretty, with just enough Winnie the Pooh. And to my surprise, her party was one of the easiest I’ve ever planned. Take a look at all the photos and party details below, and then let me know what you think!
Note: I know I am super behind with Winnie’s monthly updates (third child problems). One day soon I promise to catch up and post all of her monthly photos. I can hardly believe she will be 13 months old in a couple days. This year has been a blur and the most challenging year by far for me to find any extra time.
Boho Vintage Winnie the Pooh Birthday Party
Here are some of my favorite parts of Winnie’s Boho vintage Winnie the Pooh birthday party:
- I bought a few vintage ceramic Winnie the Pooh figures from eBay and used them for decorations and cake toppers.
- Red and golden yellow seemed like obvious choices for party colors. I brought the colors into the party with golden yellow disposable plates, red tissue fringe garland, red balloons, red ribbon, and gold yellow fresh flowers.
- After many hours of searching, I found lots of vintage crochet doilies on Etsy which I used to decorate the table along with mini glass bottles and vases filled with leaves, branches, and flowers.
- I love the look of hand lettering, but my own writing is terrible. So I found an awesome hand lettering artist on Etsy who wrote “Winnie is One!” for me, and I used the artwork for a giant poster at her party and in her invitation design.
- Displaying photos of the birthday babe is perfect for first birthday parties! It’s really fun and amazing to see how they’ve changed from newborns to half toddlers. So for Winnie’s party, I created a collage display of Winnie photos, Pooh quote prints, and Pooh illustrations. Square prints with white trim borders made the collage look modern and clean, plus I could easily use my Instagram feed for the photos. (Love square prints as much as me? I ordered mine from Parabo Press and the price and quality were amazing; you can use the code IBBTPX for $10 off your first order.)
- Additionally, I displayed vintage Winnie the Pooh books that I own. I love using books for decorations!
- For the favors, I made golden yellow paper gift bags into Pooh “faces” by gluing on paper ears and drawing eyes and noses with a black marker. Inside the bags, I included one small Pooh toy figure and a couple honey sticks tied together with vintage crochet lace. To complete the favors, I designed and printed “Hip Hip Pooh-ray!” thank you notes.